To enter a bug report, you can you turn on the debug log file and then send that to us. The debug log file is a list of all the actions that the add-in is taking (including any errors that may be happening behind the scenes).
Verbose logging is off by default - so to turn it on:
- Go to (in Outlook) to Sperry Software tab
- Click the red/blue Sperry Software icon to pull up the Configuration window
- Click Options
- Check the “Enable writing to the log file" checkbox
- Restart Outlook
- Try to duplicate the problem
- Go back to the Sperry Software Configuration window
- Click the “Send To Support” button (which pulls up an email with the log file attached)
- Put down a brief description of the problem in the email
- Click Send to send it in
You should get an email confirmation back within a few minutes from our support portal. Someone will be able to diagnose the problem and will reply back to the email you sent, unless you specify a different email address.
Even better, if your problem is viewable you can send us a screen shot. To get a screen shot, just press Alt+PrntScrn on your keyboard (when your screen is ready, that is). This puts it into a copy/paste buffer. Then just open Word, paste it in, and send it in. Alternatively, depending on the version of Windows you're running, you can:
- Go to Start...Run (or press the Windows key in Windows 8 or Windows 10)
- Type in "Snipping Tool"
- Hit Enter
- Follow the on screen instructions to create a snippet and paste it into the tech support email
Of course, if you have a quick question or if you can't even see the add-in in the first place you can always just enter a New Support Ticket (from the support portal) but be sure to include your Outlook version and which add-in you have. You can also follow the status of your bug report from this same tech support portal as well.